Monday 9 June 2014

Jacket Express

I am so pleased with my jacket made with the instructions from the Craftsy class I enrolled in. This was Sew better, Sew faster with Janet Prey. An excellent tutorial which was well designed and I made this jacket with virtually no pins.

I used the left over fabric from the jeans but they weren't made to wear together exactly.

I have some similar fabric in my stash but it's a dirty orangey colour so I'm thinking of dyeing it a brighter colour first. I've never tried dyeing material before so I'll let you know how I get on!!! I'll upload some before and after pics so you can see the difference.












I also recently made a green shirt using my Sure-fit Designs pattern fitting system. Using my body blueprint to fit the shirt adding a hidden button placket and designing double cuffs. I originally thought a double collar would also be unique but it didn't work out well [it was too bulky and didn't sit right] as you can see in the photos, so after some good advice I changed it to a mandarin collar and it looks a lot better.


Looking at this photo I can see I need to put a small popper at the top of the placket!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you

Sunny Top from Sew My Style Challenge