I bought some great fabric from So 'n' Sew in Weymouth last week and couldn't wait to get home and get started on it. The colours are exactly the same as the butterflies I embroidered on my white trousers so they would pair up well to make a good outfit. I don't usually go for flowers but this just spoke to me. It has a small amount of stretch so a fitted shirt was called for.
My original idea was long sleeves and a cuff and I also wanted a collar with a 'V' neck but trying to work this out in my head before drafting was proving a bit complicated. Maybe I was trying to over engineer the whole thing?
Then I got a posting from Glenda of Sure-Fit Designs and I guess she must have been reading my mind [the Good Stitch has powers we didn't realise!!] because her new design incorporated the very neckline I was trying to achieve.
Of course the top was made using my SFD body blueprint and I also used a trick I picked up from a Craftsy Class on Collars and Closures. Sara Alm shows how she sews fusible fabric to the outside edge of facing before turning and then pressing to the inside of the facing fabric. This was a great tip and made a very clean finish to the button plackets. This design with the 'V' opening should lie flat and not fold back but if it did there would be no serged edge showing and I like this method.
We've been invited to a BBQ this weekend so I guess this will be my outfit...