Saturday 20 February 2016

Now it's getting colder a cardigan is called for


 I had this heavy weight knit fabric to make a cardigan and used exactly the same pattern as the Canary Yellow Fleece blogged about here.

The open ended zip went in well and the yoke pieces matched up perfectly.

I added grey ribbing for the cuffs and looking at these photos I think I should have probably shortened the sleeves a tad but I prefer my wrists to be well covered so no real problem.

The in seam pockets are an added feature that works well with this pattern.

A good top layering piece for when it's really cold outside and it's easier, cheaper and kinder to the environment to wear in-doors rather than put the heating up a notch. At least 'he-who-thinks-he-should-be-obeyed' will appreciate that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you

Sunny Top from Sew My Style Challenge